I had my orientation. I got my knives and books and clothes. The day and events went smoothly, leaving me all excited and still scared. What if I do poorly? What if I don't enjoy it? What if I crumble under the pressure of having a career? What if I cut off my finger? What if I burst out crying if my recipe doesn't turn out right? What if the profession chews me up and spits me out?
And then today, I tried on my coats and pants and they are too damn small! So tomorrow everyone is going to be all ready to go and fancy while I'll be in a regular home kitchen apron or something. *grumble, grumble*
Shannon and I finished the Harry Potter. Now we will read alone again. I'm reading the new Margaret Atwood. Her writing is impeccable. I've loved her even more since seeing her speak last year on campus.