This was an awesome week. Shannon got off early most days which means we got some extra cleaning done and I got a bit of a kid pickup break. This is tiny in the grand scheme of things, but riding the bus home felt good. I love not rushing and not being in charge of everyone. Coming home and getting the end of the day chores done together is so much fun. We chat about our days, pass the baby back and forth, make some food and veg out in from of some dvds.
Wednesday I was even able to be a sub on the bowling league! I was so thrilled albeit so out of practice. Shannon and PJ dropped in during the last half hour. PJ didn't mind the noise although she was pretty tired. She snuggled into my teammates and was generally super adorable.
The diarrhea did not continue although I kept PJ home on Monday just to make sure. The snot and congestion has though. She coughs and sounds horrible, but there's no fever and her spirit is high like always. She's such a sweet smiley baby. We did the humidifier at night. I keep assaulting her nose with saline and the syringe sucker. She keeps hating it. I'm going to take her in the doctor's this week just to make sure bacteria isn't eating her brain or something.
We had our first parent-teacher conference this week. Shannon and I met with the head teacher (named Laura) and we went over how amazing PJ is. Well, except for her lack of interest in solid foods or feeding herself. I think she's just taking the slow route, but Shannon and I are going to try a bit more diligently to offer her different flavors and textures.
We have great weekend plans, either the arboretum or an apple orchard. Also, some cleaning, some laundry, and even a sleeping in swap schedule. It's going to be awesome!
No comments:
Post a Comment