02 November 2007

dependent

I realized yesterday that I am bummed that our digital camera no longer works very well. It's focus is shaky and streaky, the viewing screen on the back doesn't work while taking pictures (although it does let you review them), and too little light freaks it out completely now. Both this lack of a working digital camera plus the lack of working iPod makes me sadder than I thought it would. I miss the ease of these technologies, the richness they add to my life: music on demand without commercials and taking random pictures of the world around me and my daily life. I can use my portable cd player for music on the bus (although I'll have to stick to entire cds or make some mixes). I still have my beautiful Canon SLR camera that I could use. I just don't like the waiting to see if I took a nice shot nor the paying to develop the film. I have a hard time justifing another 20 shots of Birdie when I have to pay for them.

We'll have to get a new digital camera before the kid is born, even though its not really in the budget. I can live without a new iPod, for sure, but I think a new camera is necessary. I mean if I miss taking random pictures of my dog or fall leaves outside, how could I stand not filling my hard drive with a million shots of the kid?

2 comments:

Laurie K said...

for the camera: Ebay! I got mine there new for much less than it sells at stores.

Elan Morgan said...

You definitely need a camera to take pictures of your growing self. You could always build your own!
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw/104-2268990-6407107?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=pinhole+camera&x=0&y=0

(I only mention pinhole cameras, because I want to build one. Very cool.)