26 June 2007

Shannon got back on Thursday about three hours late (stupid NWA) and we both fell asleep. We didn't make it to Iowa until 2pm Friday. Libby's wedding on Saturday was fun and the food at the reception was great. It was much more princessy than I though seeing as how she and her fiance already have a baby together. I guess the princess dreams never die. The only free alcohol was Bud Light though so despite offering to drive us home, Shannon declined to get drunk. We stayed until Sunday dinner because there were some summer birthday celebrations (Marlys, Jeannie and Rayna) and pictures of Morocco to share. Plus Doug was out of the hospital after his cancerous kidney was removed so we wanted to spend a little time with him. His scar was fresh on his abdomen but he seemed like his cranky old self. All that family time meant, though, that we didn't return to our house until after 11pm on Sunday.

Getting up for work was hard on Monday, but it's been great being back together with Shannon. Her stories and pictures from Morocco have been awesome, but so has just eating dinner together or taking a nap. This is a new perk for Shannon, joint napping. Not until pregnancy have I been tired enough to be able to nap during the day nor with another person. My diet has already improved since she returned. Last night I ate homemade Vietnamese shrimp bun. I am the luckiest girl in the world.

3 comments:

Laurie K said...

I am glad Shannon is back, but it means I missed my chance to call and amuse you while she was gone. Curse my procrastination!

Laura said...

Sounds like you are quite busy with the teaching though. Are you back in New York yet?

Laurie K said...

nope. I am still super busy with the teaching. I leave on Sunday.