There's little posting of substance because I am in the midst of a block. Maybe it's the new year or my leftover vacation brain, but I just am not having or processing coherent thoughts. Luckily I am channeling the weirdness and anxiety into knitting. I have begun a sweater for Shannon's cousin's baby girl Jaiden as well as some booties. I think the booties are going to be a bit big, so I might make a second pair with smaller needles and thinner yarn. Ooh, and I've got some socks from my mother, her belated holiday present on the needles too. I'm using this pattern from Knitty with cream tweed yarn.
I'm sort of thinking I'll be participating in the "Knit from your Stash" movement that's circulating. Sticking to the budget and not using my credit cards is key for me, something I want to become my routine. My stash isn't huge but I have a backlog of sock yarn to tackle. I also have some projects I need to either start or finish. I want to make some potholders and slippers to try out felting. There's Shannon's sweater to work on. I'd like to finish it before spring. Plus I've got yarn for more baby projects as well as for a sweater for me. Not buying any more gorgeous fiber will do me good. I may allow a bit of buying but only if I use cash. So for me this movement is more "Do not buy yarn with your credit cards".
No comments:
Post a Comment