I have been working on a hat for a coworker's baby as well as a Elizabeth Zimmerman baby sweater. The EZ sweater was in my future projects plan but I had to cast on immediately after seeing the one that
Elliphantom knit. It was gorgeous, and I was helpless. Of course I didn't make the pattern with the lace that I liked so much. That would have been way too easy. I wanted a much more solid fabric since it will be cold where all the babies are, so I kept the pattern mostly knit with a purl row every so often to be interesting. Because the pattern is not line by line or anything, there are no buttonholes because I forgot. I'll do a I cord button loop after it's over and do just one or two buttons like it was totally a design element. I started with a lovely purple marled yarn, but had to switch to a light lavender for the body. I think the sweater will look fine but it's a kind of crazy experiment. I think I'll have enough for a hat as well, so this might go for one of Shannon's cousins.
Here's a blurry camera phone picture of it in progress:
1 comment:
oh crap, no, it fell off my radar. I will get that back in the queue. Remind me though, are you pro-wool?
Post a Comment