My weird mood on Wednesday, all jumbled, impatient, selfish and unsatisfiable, continued when I got home. It was my turn to make dinner but instead I picked a tiny fight. Shannon just wanted me to tell her what I wanted/needed and I couldn't. That was part of my mood, I just didn't know what I should do. Our moods aligned that night though; there have plenty of other times where that small critical bitching I do turns into drama. She held me and laughed at me, and I felt ok at being laughed at. Usually I have a hard time with that but even I could see how ridiculous my mood was. She made us salad to pacify our rumbling stomachs while I got on with dinner.
It was the kind of moment that overwhelms me with love, that she will hold me when I'm moody. And I will immediately feel better from her touch, like I can feel my cells taking a deep breath and relaxing all at once. She is so good to me and I don't know how I got so lucky.
No comments:
Post a Comment