The birthdays have come and gone. There ended up being some cake eaten, but no candles to blown out. I didn't even miss the practice. Currently there is a pecan pie in our fridge for both of us. Both celebrations were good times. Mine consisted of travelling to cloth and yarn stores and just the two of us, talking and eating a lunch with cake at the end. Hers was a lovely multi-restaurant cocktail extravaganza beginning with sake cosmos and cranberry cream cheese puffs and ending with spatezle and cigarettes. None too suprising, her party just this past Saturday required most of Sunday for laying about and recovering.
Now I'm just 8 days into my 30th year, whereas Shannon is just 2 days into her 31st. I still often wonder what I'm doing with myself and where my life is going. But that's boring self-doubt indulgent crap, no one wants to listen to that. My knitting is not only helping nuture my creativity, but also get a grip on my money issues. The dogs have been enjoying my renewed commitment to walking even though they still don't understand why they can't roundup all the neighborhood squirrels and bunnies once and for all. My reading has continued unabated; I'm currently on my 48th book. Maybe I'll top last years high score of 78. Despite my lack of overall theme, I think I'm doing pretty well. Or at least that's what I keep telling myself.
2 comments:
Happy Belated Birthday!
Thanks! I keep meaning to email you about those Anne Lamott books, but I keep getting distracted. I checked out your new recipes site, looks lovely, by the way.
Post a Comment