27 March 2006

where's your head at

I'm making a friend's wedding cake in a few weeks. I'm not completely thrilled to do this, but I stupidly agreed and Shannon has pledged to be my baking partner. Making food for special events brings out the worst kind of anxiety in me. This is why I am not presently a caterer nor a speciality cake baker. As the date draws near, the knot in my stomach tightens. I'm like 75% sure it's going to be fine and lovely. Shannon and I together have excellent taste and can bake up a storm. But I won't relax until it's over.

2 comments:

Melinda said...

Sounds yummy. But if it doesn't go according to plan, you could always just scrap the whole thing and have Laurie show you how to make a twinkie cake. :)

Laura said...

If only this crowd would go for a Twinkie cake! I think that would reduce my stress levels indeed...