31 March 2006

check-in

When I buy yarn lately I've been so drawn to orange, green and brown combinations. For some reason these colors make me happy. They remind me of my childhood I guess. I'm also digging on orange and purple and light and dark green combos. Stripey sock yarn is different though, because I like much brighter colors for my feet, like even pink or fushcia. Those handpainted yarns will call to me in completely unexpected ways like lots of pinks and light greens or shades of brown with a navy thrown in.

Shannon and I have recently decided not to buy any more fiction books (save Harry Potters) and concentrate our home book collection on non-fiction. I'm down with using the library and making boundaries. We move too too much to have lots of books. When we buy a house (someday, somewhere, with all that money we have), we'll build bookshelves and go crazy. But for now, it's all cookbooks and knitting and dictionaries. When I grouped all my crafty books, they were a little sad, nay lonely looking section of like 3 books and 2 magazines. So I bought a book I had been coveting recently (Sensational Knitted Socks). I also got Knitting from the Top Down which now makes me want to make long johns. I should be getting my first issue of Interweave Knits soon.

I've also got my library ordering books for me left and right. By the way, I don't know if y'all take advantage of this, but most libraries will take your recommendations. They do not always chose to get my items, but when they do, I get first dibs. I put a request in and they deliver it to my local branch. That's another thing I love, requesting books from my computer here at work and then getting emails when they come in. Mason-Dixon Knitting is being processed right now for me and Minneapolis. Someone had a link to their blog somewhere and I feel in blog-love. I'm reading the archives right now, catching up on these nice ladies and their adventures in knitting.

I haven't even had any coffee today, but I'm feeling manic. Maybe I'm hungry for lunch. Maybe I'm on an adrealine high because I can't stop buying yarn. Maybe it's Friday and I just can't focus on work. Maybe it's because Hendel will be in town tomorrow night! I've got to clean this weekend, make test cake and frosting, and find cake decorations. It shouldn't be the most fun nor relaxing weekend ever, but I think the eating of the test cake will make up for that. Go cake!

No comments: