I'm still congested. Squirting saline up my nose results in some spectacular blows. It's weird and feels a bit funny, but whoa baby does it loosen that mucous. Otherwise I have been feeling better. Over the weekend, I was getting errands done, cleaning the bathroom, spending too much money on yarn. But then I get to work and little by little as the day progresses, I am complete doom and gloom girl. I am super hard on myself regardless of what random thought pops in my head. Well, I'm trying not to be.
In other news, I have already completed my federal and state income taxes. My W-2 from my only job arrived on Friday, so I sat down and did my 1040A then and there. I already had all my loan interest information (only reason why I use the 1040A, so I can deduct it) so I was good to go. Yea refund check coming soon! The amount is modest, but always appreciated. In further money news, my union's contact passed so soon I should also be getting a bit of a retro check as well as another 2% raise. Two percent ends up being about a quarter more per hour which ends up being like an extra $20 after all is said and done. But hey, I like twenties.
I am going to try to save some of the aforementioned extra monies, but I will have to steer away from yarn stores. I don't know why my enthusiasm for knitting has stuck this time, but it has. I think Katie's projects have been a bit of an inspiration and made me wonder, hey why not try a sweater? I had previously only gone as far as scarves and hats. Sure I haven't finished the sweater yet, but I've made three hats and two scarves in the meantime. Yarn stores have probably contributed seeing as how they are filled with such colorful and wonderfully textured yarn. Most of the time it is also expensive. I should make myself only pay with cash, that would useful.