05 December 2005

old post:

Shannon's been out in Seattle since Friday. It's boring at home without her. I spend too much time watching dumb tv and knitting. I'm making a hat to use up some leftover yarn (from the baby blankets I didn't make). I keep having ideas for its design that end up looking bad, so I keep having to rip out the work and start over.

Also, I broke two glasses while she's been gone. When I was gone, she broke a plate and a casserole dish. Why do we break dishes when we are alone?

The dogs aren't driving me too crazy, mainly because I think I usually spend more time with them than Shannon. This weekend was practically like all other weekends except I didn't get to sleep in. Shannon mentioned when I was out of town that if she was single she wouldn't have two dogs. I think there's a good chance I would if I was single. I always thought the pets accumulated in our family due to Shannon, but I think I'm just as influencial. My schedule is so stable, I could totally have four pets on my own. Scary huh? If I made a bit more money, I could totally have a kid by myself too. Super scary! I think I'm just good at taking care of things. Or that I have no problem letting others needs dictate my schedule. Without friends, pets, or partners around, my schedule consists of lots of reading and watching tv with an occasional trip to a store. I am driven to fill my life with others.