13 November 2005

old post: reflections about my reflection

I had some money left in a medical expenses reimbursement fund so I recently bought some new glasses. My prescription hadn't really changed but I didn't know what else to spend $170 on before the end of the calendar year. Thus I now have some of those glasses with the magnetic sunglasses attachment thingy. The frames themselves are tortise shell plastic and mostly rectangular.

My hair color has also been changing a lot recently. I dyed it a dark almost purplish red, leftover from Shannon. It was fine I guess. I mean other people thought it was nice, but I was more meh about it. But the high school reunion is fast approaching so I thought I'd better do something. I tried bleaching it so now my hair is a lovely bright orange. The little bit of brown roots are light blond again, so as my hair grows it's brown at the roots, then a thin stripe of light blond, and then the rest is orange. My hair is like candy corn presently, subtle candy corn.

I didn't have any particular reason to write about my appearance. I just thought about how right now with my new glasses on and orange hair, that I don't look much like my user picture. I still wear those glasses most of the time however.

I have been thinking about waxing my eyebrows. But what if I go somewhere and end up with thin weird eyebrows? Then there's also the pain of waxing. I have just grown a bit annoyed with the bushiness.