I've been in St. Louis for three days now, but I haven't updated because I messed up my mom's computer a bit (doh!) Apparently it couldn't handle updates. But Blake was able to fix it and wasn't too annoyed to do so.
I didn't do much on Tuesday but drive around and let all the little memories of the sights of the city wash over me. Art Hill and the pools and fountains below it have been restored and look lovely. Forest and Tower Grove parks are still just as lovely as ever. If we moved here (which I don't want to do) I would want to try to live right by one of these parks. Wednesday was filled with sleeping in and then seeing Ellen, Laurie and Rick. When I was trying to find a pay phone to call Ellen, I admitted to myself that a cell phone would be great. Maybe we'll have money for them eventually.
Thursday I stuffed my face twice with yummy food. I helped Mom cook a bit, but I just wanted to be a guest. Jeff's family came over and we had a nice time, no butter knife incidents (although mom was a bit crazed about not lettin Caitlynn watch a video). Anna, Dad and Clare were over at Sandy and Mark's place so I met them there. Sandy has a new dog, Cody, who was a very wonderful golden retriver. I instantly fell in love with her. I should have taken a picture I guess, but I just hadn't been in a camera toting mood. I suppose that will have to change for the first reunion event tonight. I haven't done much today either. My mom decided I needed to knit her a scarf so she bought me yarn and needles and then reminded me to get started. I've done a few inches, but don't know if I'll be able to finish it by Sunday. She's sure if I put my mind to it, I can. This is classic Karen: lovingly pushy. I also got some lip balm because I was dying. Wednesday it was in the 60s, yesterday down to the 30s, but windy regardless. I tried some lip balm my mom uses but it was gritty and disgusting.
I'm getting a little random here because I'm starting to get nervous about the event. We're all meeting at the zoo because there's this holiday lights thing. Afterwards a bunch of us are going to figure out where to go that's low key and fairly cheap. There's a nightclub outing planned but I'm not really much for dressing up and dancing, especially not when I'd rather chat with old friends.
I don't know if I should try to post any pictures, especially not after I freaked her computer out. I have to remember to take some because neither Laurie nor Ellen have digital cameras. Shannon told me that I have to hand the camera over to someone else occasionally so there will be some pictures of me too. I've been calling her in the mornings to say chat and catch up. It's gonna be great to see her again in a few days.