So culinary school is most probably definately back on my plate. I thought massage school was were I was headed but the food career crept right back. I was basically sitting around on Sat while Max snoozed on the couch watching cooking shows on PBS and I realized I have watched cooking shows for my whole life. On PBS like every weekend ever with This Old House as well. I watched Chefs of the World on cable at my days almost as much as I watched videos on MTV or You Can Do That on Television on Nickelodean. I collect cook books and (even though I'll miss her) look forward to inheriting my Mom's collection. And, despite my frustration with management at La MontaƱita, some days it was the greatest job I've ever had. Just think, I could do the fine dining thing, but even more exciting I could be a caterer, a personal chef, a baker, have my own business someday. A little bakery or cafe. How fucking cool would that be!?!?!
If I'm heading back to school, I will now begin the scary life of balancing between getting by and not quite getting by. I think in light of my loans, I shall have to hide my credit cards from myself. Otherwise, Shannon and I will never make it, what with the two of us in full-time courses.
Otherwise, Shannon and I are also looking for a new place. We saw a little duplex last night which was good by a little small yet pricey. I'm heading off to see some more places tonight and both of us are going tomorrow to more. Keep your fingers crossed...